There is a lot of truth to the slogan, “If you want the NFL, go to the NFL.” In the case of an online experience, NFL.com strives to be the most stylized, most robust, and most functional site for NFL content on the web. As we continue to produce many innovative pages and destinations throughout NFL.com, the time has come for a full redesign of our homepage.
The new NFL.com is here and the biggest driver in making changes to the homepage comes from listening to the fans. Our goal was to create an NFL destination that is as functional and user-friendly as possible for you. The new NFL.com homepage includes an overall better presentation of bolder images and less text, larger video played out of the centerpiece, and a less cluttered design that is easier to find exactly what you want from the NFL.
Our staff has taken every step possible to find the right formula for the redesigned homepage. We wanted to keep the features that worked and think about how to enhance them. We also strived to give the fans new content and promotional features that were not available in the past. The result is a site that interacts with NFL fans as well as informs them. Some of the new or updated features include:
- Aside from a cleaner look, our centerpieces now also play video full screen and will allow you to better watch the best football content on the web.
- The new rotating carousel is the streamlined location for your favorite NFL.com writers as well as the latest features and compelling NFL content.
- Check here also for the latest exclusive offers and products like NFL RedZone, NFL Game Access, and many more.
- One of the most important elements in the redesign was to ensure you felt like it was your site, an online destination that represented what you the fan want from the NFL.
- There is no greater ownership of an NFL site than to have your NFL fantasy team’s personalized information right on the homepage.
- Fantasy players get direct access to their teams and information about their league from the homepage
- On game days, the fantasy section turns to live updates concerning your team’s matchup, tracking your point totals against your opponents.
From the NFL to You
- We have made it easier than ever to get the exclusive NFL products directly from us.
- From the homepage, we’re providing direct access to one-stop shopping for tickets, hats, jerseys and other gear.
- Additionally, this console in the middle of the homepage is a window into our exclusive online video and audio offerings like Game Pass, Game Rewind, Audio Pass, and new for this year, NFL Preseason Live.
Calendar and Events
- Our new calendar module allows you to – day by day – keep track of the latest shows, events, chats, and goings-on from NFL Network, on NFL.com, or around the League itself.
- NFL.com is also the first place you should turn when large League events are coming up.
- Fans can find all the information and opportunities about a certain League event; for example, with Kickoff approaching, come to NFL.com to find out more about the Kickoff concert, how to attend in New Orleans, and other exciting events surrounding Kickoff weekend.
- The new NFL.com is a site that allows fans to engage with the League and other fans like never before.
- Video content is categorized by most viewed and most liked to better find what you want.
- The homepage collects real-time commenting response tallies to see what material is talked about the most.
- Featured commentors are highlighted in the “Fan’s Voice” section each and every day.
- During the season, you can rate players, predict matchup results, weigh in on the difficulty of matchups and much more.